CFO for Rent®
“[Gene’s work] created liquidity,
infinitely more value, and …
resulted in the sale of
the company for a much higher price.”
Ari Nadelman, President,
Environmental Transloading Systems
CFO for Rent®
“I look for people who have a partner mindset, ‘we’re in
this together’. Not all fit the criteria, Gene does. He is
that special CFO for me. Not only does he bring his
financial expertise, but his business acumen as well.”
Gary Baker, President & Creative Strategist,
Baker Brand Communications
CFO for Rent®
“Jeff is very happy with George as are his working colleagues at Cobb. George is a terrific choice, thanks to the good work by you and your team”
(Ken Cleveland, Board member, T.M. Cobb Company
- In 2001 it was Enron’s CEO saying he didn’t understand the financial information he was getting.
- In 2008 it was the investment bankers saying they didn’t understand the risk implications of the products they were selling.
- Today CEOs are being asked directly if they fully understand the financial implications of their decisions, and are being held liable if they do not.
Understanding finance is essential both to avoiding financial disasters and to growing a profitable business, and that’s where we bring the most value to our clients. Our strategic work with CEOs brings them not just a deeper understanding of the financial realities that drive their business’s success or failure, but more importantly helps them understand the meaning and implications of those realities, so we can build strategies to optimize and sustain success, and avoid downturns and failures.
Who should think about hiring an advisory CFO? Any CEO or business owner who believes that they need help in making better financial decisions, or in formulating and implementing their company’s financial strategies. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you experiencing rapid growth that seems out of control?
- Do you want to personally exit your company, but don’t know what to do to achieve the best outcome?
- Is your company positioning itself for a merger, acquisition or IPO?
- Is your company in financial rough waters, and struggling to stay profitable?
- Are you concerned about what you don’t know about your firm’s financial health?
- Do you want more or different insight and strategy than you are getting from your in-house resources?
Why do we do this? Because we enjoy sharing our extensive expertise in business finance and strategy with our clients. We care about their finding the freedom from worry or confusion that comes with having a professional advisor guiding their financial strategy. And besides, the interchange of ideas that can come from truly understanding operational finance is a source of great personal satisfaction for everyone on my team. We use non-technical language to clear the confusion and help clients understand the wealth of information contained in their financial reports, and the impact it can have on their strategy. Because in the end, it’s about people reaching their goals, not numbers.
- financial strategy development and implementation,
- turnaround and workout management,
- business plan development and implementation, or
- strategic plan facilitation and implementation.
- If you are concerned about the effectiveness of your finance department, we offer management effectiveness audits and finance department restructuring, including implementation.
As your consulting CFO, we will provide a wide range of essential financial services, including:
- Guiding the development or reassessment of the company’s financial strategy
- Helping you to define, implement and manage profit improvement programs
- Upgrading your financial reporting system, including re-designing reports for clarity
- Evaluating your cost and pricing structure to strengthen gross margins
- Coaching you and your management team in a better understanding of operational finance
- Guiding or even leading negotiations with investors and bankers
- Implementing a planning system for your company
- The owners of a privately-owned business engaged in merger negotiations got an additional $5,000,000 in net proceeds as a direct result of our work while I was serving as their interim CFO.
- Bad debt write-offs in a mobile communications company were reduced by over $60,000 a month, directly increasing profits and cash flow, as a result of our work in revamping collection activities and employee performance goals.
- After years of recurring losses, we changed this company’s strategy for dealing with its largest customer, installed system improvements and guided contract negotiations. Profits went from zero to a consistent 15 to 20% Pretax Return on Sales, and profits were stable right through two recessions.
- We obtained nearly $1 million in new financing for an $8 million company that had been rejected by its own bank, based on our financial plans and our demonstrated success in turning around their profit decline.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for an exploratory conversation with no obligation. I will be glad to hear from you.