For employers who don’t regularly check on updates to California’s ever-changing labor law landscape, here are some areas where recent changes to the law may affect your hiring/management practices:
1. ICE job site inspection constraints – AB450
2. Applicant salary history questions banned – AB168
3. New gender recognition rules – SB179
4. Parental leave changes – SB63
5. Employee relief from retaliation punishment – SB306
6. Applicant criminal history ban – AB1008
7. Sexual harassment training – SB396
And you thought the minimum wage law was the only thing you had to worry about.
If you have any doubts about your compliance with these changes, typically applicable to all but the smallest businesses, contact your labor attorney. If you don’t have one, ask us for a referral. We are Your CFO for Rent.